News & Updates — FORE Announcements
FORE Releases Request for Proposals to Support Community-Driven Responses to Opioid Use Disorder and Overdose MortalityAugust 24, 2022
We are pleased to announce a new request for proposal for projects that support community-based organizations’ (CBO) capacity to reduce opioid use disorder (OUD) and overdose mortality. Our goal is to help CBOs enhance their ability to deliver services addressing the opioid crisis, particularly in communities where people are at greatest risk of developing OUD and dying from overdoses.
Community organizations have the trust of those they serve and understand what it takes to reduce barriers to OUD prevention, treatment, and recovery. Yet, these groups often struggle to find the flexible funding needed to maintain their operations or build partnerships that extend their work. Requests may relate to one of the following activities or may propose other activities:
- Conducting organizational assessments to identify needs and design a plan to increase organizational effectiveness that will help meet current challenges, overcome barriers, and result in intentional and productive enhancements in OUD service delivery
- Enhancing operational effectiveness to improve productivity and organizational functioning in areas such as administration, finance, human resources, and technology
- Strengthening communication efforts to raise awareness about an organization’s mission and attract attention and resources to the organization
- Expanding and stabilizing resources to develop financial stability by increasing the CBO’s ability to develop necessary resources and plan for longer-term sustainability, including the ability to apply for foundation, corporate support, and/or government funding streams
- Strengthening and evaluating programming to enhance access and delivery of OUD services to more individuals and families in their communities
- Fostering collaborations with a broader range of allies — e.g., child welfare, women and families, education, workforce, law enforcement, criminal justice, and primary and behavioral health entities — to strengthen community engagement that results in stronger and expanded services
This funding opportunity is limited to community-based organizations. These include organizations providing a range of social- and/or health-related services within a given geographic area, Recovery Community Organizations, and community coalitions/partnerships. Applicant organizations must be a 501(c)3 organization (or non-profit with appropriate 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor). Academic institutions, health care systems, and national organizations are ineligible, though they may partner with a CBO as long as the CBO is the lead applicant and recipient of the majority of requested funds.
More details can be found on our Apply for a Grant page or by clicking on the links to the left. Applicants may apply for a grant of up to $75,000 a year for up to two years. All applications must be submitted through our grants management system by 11:59 pm EST on October 21, 2022.
Due to the expected high interest in this funding opportunity, FORE held an informational webinar on September 9, 2022 at 2PM EST to discuss the RFP and answer your questions. View Recording!