Webinar: OTP Clinician Perspectives on Methadone Service Delivery and the Use of Telemedicine During the COVID-19 Pandemic (9/10/2020)August 28, 2020
Thank you to all those who have joined us in previous webinars in our ongoing series “FORE’s COVID-19 National Emergency Response: Maintaining Access to MOUD.”
During the COVID-19 pandemic, opioid treatment programs (OTPs) in the U.S. were granted new flexibility in methadone dispensing and the use of telemedicine. With a grant from FORE, the RAND Corporation explored the early impact of the pandemic and accompanying policy changes on service delivery, through semi-structured telephone interviews, asking OTP clinicians about changes in care patterns and perceptions of impacts on access and quality. This is an opportunity to begin to learn about the impact of the temporary regulatory and policy changes due to the pandemic public health emergency on OUD treatment delivery.
Please join us on Thursday, September 10th at 3pm EST as we welcome…
- Sarah Hunter, PhD, Senior Behavioral and Social Scientist, Professor, Pardee RAND Graduate School
- Lori Uscher-Pines, PhD, Senior Policy Research, Research Quality Assurance Manager, RAND Corporation
… as they share their findings on how the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the delivery of methadone treatment in the U.S.;
- Lawrence Brown, MD, MPH, FACP, DFASAM, Chief Executive Officer, START Treatment & Recovery Centers
- Lisa Brown, DNP, PMHNP-BC, FNP-NC, Family Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, E-Psychiatriq LLC
… as they share their experiences from the front-lines and how OTP changes have affected their practice and patients; and
- Mark Parrino, MPA, President, American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (AATOD)
- Betty Tai, PhD, Director, Center for Clinical Trials Network (CCTN), National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
… as they provide commentary on the current experiences of OTPs, and considerations for the future of these treatment systems.
We continue to invite you to look at our Resources page for the most up-to-date information and guidance. You can view a recording of our previous webinars below. As always, please reach out with questions and/or resources that you believe would benefits others.