News & Updates — Webinar
Webinar: Integrating MOUD into Primary Care: Medicaid Strategies for Improving Treatment Engagement and Outcomes and Reducing Disparities (4/28/2021)April 14, 2021
New Jersey’s Medicaid program has eliminated prior authorization requirements for buprenorphine, increased reimbursement for intake assessments, and now pays for navigation and peer support services. With a grant from FORE, Rutgers University has been assessing whether these changes have made opioid use disorder care more accessible and have improved treatment outcomes, helping to inform payers looking for ways to encourage more primary care providers to offer medications for opioid use disorder (MOUD).
Please join us on Wednesday, April 28th at 3pm EST as we welcome…
- Peter Treitler, MSW – Research Specialist, Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers University; and
- Jim Lloyd, JD, MPP – Research Specialist, Center for Health Services Research, Rutgers University
… as they present on the background of the opioid crisis in New Jersey, the state’s array of policy responses enacted to address it, and some preliminary Medicaid data and analyses from the Center for Health Services Research.
With commentary from the view of State and Federal levels from…
- Steven Tunney, RN, MSN – Chief, Behavioral Health & Customer Service, New Jersey Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services;
- Ashley Harrell, LCSW – Senior Program Advisor, Division of Developmental Disabilities and Behavioral Health, Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services; and
- Douglas Olson, MD – Chief Medical Officer (Medicaid/CHIP), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
The webinar will run until 4:15pm to allow for an extended discussion and Q&A session following the presentation.
Register for Webinar Here
We continue to invite you to look at our Resources page for the most up-to-date information and guidance. You can view a recording of our previous webinars below. As always, please reach out with questions and/or resources that you believe would benefits others.